Extension description: Supplements the extension management with the possibility to disable and re-enable all installed extensions at once. An individual selection can be made via checkboxes. In addition, order groups can be defined or extensions can be ignored. Additional information is also displayed in the extension manager.
- phpBB: 3.2.11 - 3.3.x
- PHP: 7.1.0 - 8.2.x
EMP replaces the standard extension management. A template is used for this, which is based on the original from phpBB, but has been completely revised and expanded. The new functions and properties of EMP were implemented in such a way that the original visible layout of the Extension Manager was retained. There is no need to get used to it, as the previous functions are available as usual.
- All installed extensions can be disabled/enabled at once.
- An individual selection using checkboxes is possible. The status of all checkboxes can also be saved as an option.
- Order groups can be defined for activating the extensions. This is relevant for extensions that other extensions depend on.
- Extensions can also be ignored.
- Further subdivides the disabled extensions into disabled and non-installed extensions.
- Since the extensions are switched with the ExtMgr functions of phpBB, an existing ext.php is also executed in which extension authors may define additional actions for the "Enable" and "Disable" functions have. This is not the case with tools that only switch extensions via MySQL code, such as STK.
- Supports the extended error message return function of is_enableable() in ext.php from phpBB 3.3.0 onwards. This makes it possible for EMP to receive all error messages generated during activation by ext.php and then to display all error messages from the individual extensions in the confirmation message. If an extension still uses the deprecated trigger_error() method, EMP will intercept that message and wrap it in a message skeleton that contains enough detail to identify the extension that interrupted EMP's operation in question.
- With the "Re-Check all versions" and "Details" functions, the information from detected updates is saved in the database and the new versions are permanently displayed for the relevant extensions. When an extension is updated, the associated update indicator is automatically removed from the list. This functionality fixes phpBB's shortcoming that information about updates is lost as soon as the cache is cleared. This functionality is especially helpful when there are several extensions with updates.
- A separate ACP module is used for the EMP settings, which contains both the "Always check for unstable versions" setting of the standard extension manager and all additional EMP settings. EMP settings are marked with the addition "(Plus)". The Settings module can be found in the left navigation bar under "Manage Extensions - Settings".
- The responsive view is supported by EMP as well as the original Extension Manager.
- A small table is displayed above the extensions list with the following information:Total number of extensions.
- Date of the last version check.
- Number of updates available.
Changelog on GitHub (Google translator)
Extension version: 1.1.1
Tested on phpBB version: 3.2.11
Download file: lukewcs_extmgrplus_1.1.1.zip
File size: 50.15 KiB
Extension overview page: View
Except where otherwise noted, the phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this extension. By installing this extension, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.